Tuesday 8 July 2008

Mirror - Status Quo rock star Rick Parfitt on being a dad to twins at 59

Veteran rocker Rick Parfitt proudly shows off his baby twins - and says: "They've given me a new lease of life."
The Status Quo guitarist has become a dad again at the age of 59 after he and third wife Lyndsay had IVF treatment.
And he said: "I never thought this would happen to me at nearly 60 - that I would meet, fall in love, marry the girl of my dreams and then have two more beautiful children.
"I knew happiness was out there. I just couldn't seem to find it. It's almost as if I've started life again. Of all the things money can buy, nothing can buy you anything as valuable as these kids."
The Mirror revealed in December how Rick and Lyndsay, 47, were expecting twins Tommy Oswald and Lily Rose. The guitarist has two sons - Richard, 33, and Harry, 19 - from previous marriages. Rick, who now lives in southern Spain, said Lily Rose is named after his mother. And he and Lyndsay finally settled on Tommy for their boy after debating over names Max and Zach.
Rick said: "We could have named him after the place he was born, as some people do, but Malaga Parfitt doesn't quite work. So I now have sons named Tom, Dick and Harry."
Rick told Hello! magazine his former wild lifestyle meant he had not been the best of fathers to his elder boys.
He said: "Twenty years ago, the rock and roll lifestyle came first. I didn't think of it any other way. I was on the road with the band and that was my life really.
"I had these lovely kids, Richard and Harry, and I didn't see much of them. I was too preoccupied enjoying myself.
"Now I've had my heart bypass and suspected throat cancer but I've survived. lot of my colleagues didn't.
"I'm more together now than I've ever been. t's unbelievably fantastic to be a dad again."
The full feature appears in this week's Hello! magazine, on sale tomorrow

No comments:

Welcome to twins-storeblog

This blog is an add on from our web site www.twins-store.co.uk and its aim is to give our members and vistors updates on the world of twins or more, with news, articals of interest and new products of interest. We will try to keep uptodate, but please don't tell us off if we fall behind - we are busy parents of twins too :)

Disclaimer: twins-store is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

Return to your twins-store home page


Powered By Blogger